Monday, July 14, 2008

Frauenlob - The Ladies' Man



Mild-mannered Heinrich von Meissen occasionally experiences a change coming over him. "I don't know what happens to me, but I start to feel different. My clothes change, my face changes. I start referring to myself as 'Frauenlob,' and it is as if I am living in 1977 instead of the 13th century." He says he hopes it is only a bad dream, but has distinct memories of holding something called a "microphone" (whatever that is) and using phrases like, "I would like to dedicate this next song to all of the special ladies in the audience" and (even worse) "are those your eyes, or have the stars come out early tonight?!" Is this a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde situation spanning the centuries? Or has there always been a little bit of 1977 in the back of everyone's consciousness? Or is Heinrich just so bad with women that he figures, "What the heck, I have nothing to lose."

Take Dr. Poterack's Music History class this Fall semester and find out.
----------------
I know this is terrible, but I wanted to test my ability to post two pictures in one post AND amuse at least part of my audience. If you don't get the joke, go to my July 13th post entitled "Famous Composers and Artists."

No comments: