Friday, July 18, 2008

The Day!

Well, everything seems to be going according to plan. All I have to do today is review the things I have packed and see if I have forgotten anything (my checked luggage didn't even weigh 40 pounds) - and I have to pick up my glasses from LensCrafters. Then, after lunch, when Michael C. drops me off at the airport, I need to get customs to sign form 4077 (number? I don't have it with me right now) to prove that my laptop and camera belong to me. Then check in and take United Flight 920 from Washington Dulles straight to London Heathrow which should arrive at 6:55 AM London time. Check into the "Yotel" which is in Terminal 4 of the airport, get my Oyster Card, and take the tube to Kennsington Station (? must double check) where I will go to the 10 AM Mass at Brompton Oratory - I would like to go to the 8 AM Trid, but that might be a little tight. Go on the "Original London Sight Seeing Tour" and make various stops along the way. Finally, end up hearing Evening Song at Westminster Abbey at 5 PM. (And then, who knows? Go to Harrods and buy a bowler hat?)

We will see if it all goes according to plan. I want to thank everyone who made this possible and, please, say some prayers for me so that I have a safe journey. Also, any of my family and friends reading this blog, please do not hesitate to comment - even if it is only to say "hello" - it will be much appreciated. (I will be busy and, obviously, surrounded by people - but very much alone for four days. I don't want to turn into Travis Bickle! So some contact with familiar people would be nice.)

2 comments:

Ken said...

I definitely encourage the procurement of a bowler hat!

lover of beauty said...

I really hope you were able to get the bowler hat. That would just be too too perfect.