Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Steps!

It looks like, after 3 years, the steps to my apartment will finally be finished. My landlord is so close to finishing that I think it will take only 4 more days. I would like to have some sort of an after-dinner party, with plenty of time for socializing, but would culminate in watching Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps." I have never seen it, but it fits in with the occasion as a kind of joke. We could watch something else. Before I send out anything more formal, let me know if this would be problematic. (I come to you first, my faithful blog readers.)

Although it should take only 4 more days, anything from bad weather to inertia could intervene. I will give him a little extra time just to be safe.

My first thought was Saturday evening, October 11, although now I see that that is Homecoming, so I doubt people would be interested. Perhaps, Sunday evening October 12? I don't want to conflict with Jonathan D.'s listening event, but I don't know if he is continuing it anyway. Perhaps Col. Klink could chime in on that one.

If this doesn't work, perhaps we can wait until after Fall Break as I will be doing a workshop in Wisconsin, and then in Michigan for the rest of the week. Sometime in November?
---------------------
P.S. And if not this event, then (and perhaps it would be better) at another event I want you alumni "liturgy hounds" to meet Fr. William - an absolutely fascinating treasure trove of information on all sorts of scholarly and gossipy things about the liturgy. I mean discussion AT LENGTH. Being the sensitive 90's male, I would like to "facilitate" this. Also you need to see him and Mickey Krebs together, as I did after my talk Tuesday. They are frightfully naughty together!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

I see no problem with Oct. 12; the "Steps Party" sounds like fun! I really enjoyed your talk the other night, btw. It was way more informative and thought-provoking than the one on the previous night, which I also attended. I see what you mean about Fr. William being a trove of knowledge too--he seemed pretty much like an encyclopedia of liturgical information. Haha, I can only imagine he and Mrs. Krebs interacting. . .

Alaina said...

We're available!

lover of beauty said...

October 12th sounds perfectly fine. I should be available.